URGENT: Please note Slash will not be taken this year due to the Firewise efforts chipping effort that will occur on 1) June 9th and 10th, 2) July 28th, 3) August 18th, and 4) September 15. Please contact us if you are interested in participating.
The annual cleanup will be conducted on Friday June 1st and Saturday June 2nd. Hours will be from 9am to 4pm. Residents who wish to have brush/slash chipped can participate in the Firewise chipping opportunities that are listed on the days above.
Residents must be paid up members of the association to dump. If you have not paid, we will ask you to pay at the site. Our donation is $50 this year.
We are having issues with illegal off hours dumping. If this continues we may to to cease with the event as we cannot control the items in the dumpsters and the waste companies may stop providing dumpsters. PLEASE DO NOT DUMP WHEN SITE IS CLOSED OR UNATTENDED. IF no-one is there the site is closed. This is also indicated by the yellow no tresspassing tape around the site.
As always we ask you to follow these rules.
- We cannot accept anything of a hazmat or restricted nature. No electronics/gas/oil/paints/… This includes that oil and gas must be drained from lawn-mowers and other power tools. See a fuller list with the "Read More" button below.
- Enter and exit the event from the HOA drive on Sunburst. The property to the south of the tennis court is private property and we must respect the owners.
- If the event is closed DO NOT ENTER. Contact a board member to see if any off hours dumping can be accommodated.
- We must close the dumpster for additional items when it reaches the top due to provider rules. Help us out on this by compressing, breaking down and cutting up odd shaped items.
- Check the website for live updates regarding closures or postponements due to weather or other reasons.
- Event volunteers can help with light unloading but may not be able to assist with heavier items.
- Please do not arrive early. There is plenty of time to handle everyone. Even if we are there early we are preparing for the day and cannot take you in.
- Please help us reduce expenses by cutting or collapsing large items to a smaller pile.
Larger list of prohibited items
Hazardous waste, dirt, industrial waste, chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/oil filters, contaminated oils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, appliances, petroleum-contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, computers, monitors, televisions, microwaves, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, animals, barrels, all liquids. Material must be level at the top of the container; nothing can be sticking out of the top. Additional requirements may apply based upon locality. Liability for appropriate waste remains with the customer as agreed to in the terms and conditions.