Red Rock Ranch Homeowners Association Monthly Meeting

12 August 2019

The RRRHOA Board met in Executive Session with Attorney Meredith L McDonald starting at 1820 and ending at 1907. The regular monthly meeting was called to order at 1910.

Presiding: President Beth Lonnquist,

Present: Beth Lonnquist, Jim Bergeron, P.K. Robinson, Paul Tillotson, Jamie Madison

Guests: Shannon Kittelson, Ryan Madison, Craig Pryor, David and Julie Yack

The minutes of the 08 July 2019 minutes were approved following a motion by Jamie Madison and a second by Paul Tillotson. Guest David Yack immediately asked why minutes could not be sent out to residents after being printed and not wait until they are approved by the Board. It was decided that the minutes will be sent out for approval electronically to Board members before the next meeting. Once approval is received, the Board will publish the minutes. They will be posted on the website and e-mailed to those who requested that meeting minutes be sent to them. This will be done with a BCC format.

Treasurer’s Report: No report available at this time.

Architectural Control:

Dave and Julie Yack, of 3580 Mesa Verde Drive, requested permission to erect a split rail fence to be used as a dog run and will be between 400 and 500 linear feet. That was approved after a motion by P.K. Robinson and a second by Paul Tillotson. The required fee was paid.

Craig Pryor of 18509 Pike View requested permission to extend an existing deck to the length of his house that will be 12 feet by 26 feet. Also, he requested permission to build a second storage shed on the property measuring 12 feet by 24 feet. It will have a wood siding. Plans were approved following a motion by Jim Bergeron and a second by P.K. Robinson. The fee was paid.

Brad Moulden, 3890 Sierra Vista, requested permission to erect a storage shed of 160 square feet. Color on the Masonite siding will match the house and fee was paid. Approval given after a motion by Jamie Madison and a second by Paul Tillotson.

Danny and Shelley Rose, 4860 Limestone Road, asked permission to build an addition to their residence that will measure 617 square feet. Siding and roof material will match the existing house. Fee was paid. Approval given after a motion by P.K. Robinson and a second by Jim Bergeron.

Old Business:

Web Site: Paul Tillotson reports that the web site is going well. There needs to be a Firewise tab under the Firewise tab: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. There will be separate areas for guidelines, policies and covenants with dates that they were published. Paul Tillotson will post that the October meeting will be changed from the 14th to the 21st.

Firewise: Chipping was done at 12 homes in July. Guest Ryan Madison raised the question of the possibility of homeowners doing their own chipping and saving Association money. It was felt by the Board that residents seldom did chipping on their own in the past and it is money well spent to make the Ranch a more Firewise community. Additionally, some of the money for chipping comes from grants and not all of it from the Association treasury.

New Business:

New Member: Guest Shannon Kittelson, who has attended meetings in the past, expressed a desire to join the Red Rock Ranch Homeowners Association Board. She was informed that a two-year commitment was expected of new members to which she agreed. A motion was made to accept her as a Board member by Jamie Madison and a second by P.K. Robinson.

Insurance: President Lonnquist has bids out to three companies to see what is available. Volunteer insurance must be added if we are to run the chippers in the future.

CONO: Concerning Cyber Security; 2 bills passed mandated that HOS’s have a Cyber Policy for storage, sharing permission, and disposal of said information. The Association accomplished that with the with the Occupancy Form., but Paul Tillotson will create a policy that covers the mandate.

Chickens: Jamie Madison has composed a draft concerning having chickens on the Ranch and changing the covenants to reflect that. After discussion with Board members, she will make changes to clarify the proposed change and present it at the next Board meeting. The Madisons in the meantime have removed the chickens from their residence.

Park: Director Jamie Madison has done extensive research into grants to make renovations to the Nevins Park area and will continue those efforts in an attempt to receive funding in 2020 that has a deadline of 24 October for submitting requests. Guest Julie Yack offered to help since she has experience in that field of grant writing. These grants are usually not 100% of the amount asked, so fundraising would be needed. Guest Ryan Madison offered tips on methods to make the Park more attractive and events that could be used as money-raisers.

Electronic Communication: E-mails have been gathered with resident’s requests as to the type of communication they would like to receive. All information is BCC - we do not distribute homeowner’s e-mails.

Picnic: The annual picnic is Saturday, 17 August 2019 at noon, Nevins Park.

With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 2044.
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be at 1900 on 09 September 2019 at the Tri Lakes Cares building, 235 Jefferson Street, Monument, Colorado.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Bergeron

Secretary/Recorder, RRRHOA