UPDATE: Important, we are not able to take slash this year due to the increased and prohibitive expense.
The annual cleanup will be conducted on Saturday, 03 June through Monday, 05 June with hours from 8am to 4pm. Due to the prohibitive expense, no chipping will be allowed this year. Residents who wish to have brush/slash chipped will be given times and dates when the Black Forest chipping area will accept brush/slash and chip it for a small donation. There is also an event in Woodmoor at the same time that will take slash for a small donation. We will have details available about that as well. President Beth Lonnquist researched funds available for chipping and found none available at this time. We are looking into alternatives in future years where those looking to dump small amounts may do so without funding the expense for those looking to completely clear their property.
The exception to the slash rule is that if after Monday at 2pm we have space left in the dumpsters we will allow slash at that time on a first come first served basis. Please limit yourself to reasonable quantities so others may dump as well.
Residents must be paid up members of the association to dump. If you have not paid, we will ask you to pay at the site. Our donation is $50 this year.
We are having issues with illegal off hours dumping. If this continues we may to to cease with the event as we cannot control the items in the dumpsters and the waste companies may stop providing dumpsters. PLEASE DO NOT DUMP WHEN SITE IS CLOSED OR UNATTENDED. IF no-one is there the site is closed. This is also indicated by the yellow no tresspassing tape around the site.
As always we ask you to follow these rules.
- We cannot accept anything of a hazmat or restricted nature. No electronics/gas/oil/paints/… This includes that oil and gas must be drained from lawn-mowers and other power tools. See a fuller list with the "Read More" button below.
- Enter and exit the event from the HOA drive on Sunburst. The property to the south of the tennis court is private property and we must respect the owners.
- If the event is closed DO NOT ENTER. Contact a board member to see if any off hours dumping can be accommodated.
- We must close the dumpster for additional items when it reaches the top due to provider rules. Help us out on this by compressing, breaking down and cutting up odd shaped items.
- Check the website for live updates regarding closures or postponements due to weather or other reasons.
- Event volunteers can help with light unloading but may not be able to assist with heavier items.
- Please do not arrive early. There is plenty of time to handle everyone. Even if we are there early we are preparing for the day and cannot take you in.
- Please help us reduce expenses by cutting or collapsing large items to a smaller pile.
Hazardous waste, dirt, industrial waste, chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/oil filters, contaminated oils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, appliances, petroleum-contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, computers, monitors, televisions, microwaves, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, animals, barrels, all liquids. Material must be level at the top of the container; nothing can be sticking out of the top. Additional requirements may apply based upon locality. Liability for appropriate waste remains with the customer as agreed to in the terms and conditions.