2018 Cleanup - June 1st and 2nd CLOSED
The 2018 June 1st and 2nd Cleanup was extremely successful and we filled two large semi-trailer dumpsters full of trash. Please note that the cleanup effort is now closed and we are no longer taking any more trash due to the dumpsters being full. We are asking everyone to NOT put any additional trash in or around the dumpsters since this will cost us additional monies.
2018 Cleanup - June 1st (Fri) and June 2 (Sat)
URGENT: Please note Slash will not be taken this year due to the Firewise efforts chipping effort that will occur on 1) June 9th and 10th, 2) July 28th, 3) August 18th, and 4) September 15. Please contact us if you are interested in participating.
The annual cleanup will be conducted on Friday June 1st and Saturday June 2nd. Hours will be from 9am to 4pm. Residents who wish to have brush/slash chipped can participate in the Firewise chipping opportunities that are listed on the days above.
Residents must be paid up members of the association to dump. If you have not paid, we will ask you to pay at the site. Our donation is $50 this year.
We are having issues with illegal off hours dumping. If this continues we may to to cease with the event as we cannot control the items in the dumpsters and the waste companies may stop providing dumpsters. PLEASE DO NOT DUMP WHEN SITE IS CLOSED OR UNATTENDED. IF no-one is there the site is closed. This is also indicated by the yellow no tresspassing tape around the site.
As always we ask you to follow these rules.
- We cannot accept anything of a hazmat or restricted nature. No electronics/gas/oil/paints/… This includes that oil and gas must be drained from lawn-mowers and other power tools. See a fuller list with the "Read More" button below.
- Enter and exit the event from the HOA drive on Sunburst. The property to the south of the tennis court is private property and we must respect the owners.
- If the event is closed DO NOT ENTER. Contact a board member to see if any off hours dumping can be accommodated.
- We must close the dumpster for additional items when it reaches the top due to provider rules. Help us out on this by compressing, breaking down and cutting up odd shaped items.
- Check the website for live updates regarding closures or postponements due to weather or other reasons.
- Event volunteers can help with light unloading but may not be able to assist with heavier items.
- Please do not arrive early. There is plenty of time to handle everyone. Even if we are there early we are preparing for the day and cannot take you in.
- Please help us reduce expenses by cutting or collapsing large items to a smaller pile.
Larger list of prohibited items
Hazardous waste, dirt, industrial waste, chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/oil filters, contaminated oils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, appliances, petroleum-contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, computers, monitors, televisions, microwaves, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, animals, barrels, all liquids. Material must be level at the top of the container; nothing can be sticking out of the top. Additional requirements may apply based upon locality. Liability for appropriate waste remains with the customer as agreed to in the terms and conditions.
2018 Picnic and General Meeting
The proposed Covenant Changes:
The current covenants for Red Rock Ranch were written in 1997 and revised in 2002. This was prior to any thought for the primary use of a home to be used as a business. It is ok to work in a home office... it is not ok to turn the house into an office building.
The proposed changes will define a single family.
The proposed changes in covenants apply to the residents... not to guests when residents are present. You can have a significant other, you are the resident and you have a guest. You are operating as a single family household. This also gives the board a basic framework in the future should neighbors have a dispute they want the HOA to consider.
You can’t have a rotating set of transient people. You can’t have a boarding house or use the residence as a nuisance business.
The ballots will be mailed out the second week in December and are asked to be returned within 2 weeks. Board members may continue to collect ballots for another 3 weeks for ballots that have not been returned.
The ballots were hand stuffed by board members to save money. Should you be missing any item or not receive a ballot please download the packet from here and return it or provide it to a board member.
Please note that the wording of the revision requires a significant amount of legal text. The important parts of the ballot are paragraphs 1 and 2.